How your Custom Vinyl Sign is Made
Weeding vinyl is the process of removing the extra vinyl around a vinyl lettering or a vinyl graphic that will expose the finished vinyl product for the customer to apply to their flat surface.
This is delicate time consuming process
Unlike printing onto vinyl, our vinyl products are all cut out vinyl pieces with the end product being lines of text or a graphic silhouettes.
How it is done
1) The artwork is prepared on a computer – carefully sizing it to your required area.
2) The artwork is carefully adjusted to shape the lines to curves and straights – smoothing out any mistakes in the tracing process of the original bitmap artwork.
4) The job is send to the Vinyl cutting machine
5) The vinyl cutting machine cuts the vinyl being pushed through the machine from a roll 600mm wide.
6) The length of Vinyl used is then cut from the machine
7) Then carefully, the vinyl is weeded – with tweezers – the back vinyl waist product is removed from around the vinyl end product. AND depending on the size and number of lines cut, this can vary the time taken to produce. So you see your not just paying for the vinyl itself but also the time it takes to actually manually produce your custom sign
8) The final stage is sticking a top clear cover masking layer that will be peeled off last on installation.
9) We then carefully pack roll your vinyl sign and insert it into a Australia Post Roll so that it does not get damaged and as a bonus you get FREE tracking by Australia Post which we provide you with so you can track it online to make sure you get it!